In-building enterprise cellular system. A hybrid active DAS that solves coverage issues for 3G/4G/LTE.
Lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Scalable Coverage and Capacity for Up to 200,000 Sq. Ft. Coverage
Designed for Off-Air or Small Cell Applications
Streamlined Cel-Fi Certified Installation with Signal Quality Maximized by Antenna Boost
Remote Monitoring and Management via WAVE Platform
Smart Cellular Coverage
Cel-Fi QUATRA is an active DAS hybrid solution for delivering high quality in-building cellar coverage in venues up to 200,000 sq. ft. As it combines the best of active DAS and Cel-Fi technology that has been widely adopted by carriers around the world, Cel-Fi QUATRA is a scalable solution that provides configurations for single or multi-carrier environments. It operates in off-air mode or can be integrated with carrier small cell equipment and operated in distributed small cell mode, creating a Supercell.
Cel-Fi QUATRA is self-configuring and self-optimizing, distributes RF over Ethernet (RFoE), and leverages Power-over-Ethernet (POE) for ease and accuracy of installation by Cel-Fi Certified professionals. The system is Monitored and managed using the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform.
Configurations are available for use on global carrier networks.
- Improves cellular reception for venues from 15,000 to 50,000 sq. ft. per system; scalable to four systems for up to 200,000 sq. ft.
- Built for streamlined installation and maintenance by Cel-Fi Certified professional
- Carrier approved and unconditionally network safe for voice and data
- Intelligently self-configures and continually self-optimizes to adapt to environmental changes
- AntennaBoost intelligent antenna aiming optimizes signal quality
- Remote monitoring and management using the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform
- Designed for off-air or small cell applications
- Best quality signal at 100 dB max gain in off-air mode
- Systems include Internal Antennas (MIMO) and External Antenna connections (MIMO)
- IntelliBoost 6 Core Processor delivers high speeds with low power consumption
- Advanced digital echo-cancellation and channel select filtering algorithms
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) maximizes system power
- Adaptive signal equalization
- Seamless integration with the macro network; improves network efficiency without causing interference
- Only one power outlet needed for the entire system (at the NU)
- External Multi-Band Panel MIMO Antenna and Small Cell Interface device available (Optional)
A Supercell is comprised of a Cel-Fi QUATRA system connected to a small cell. Multiple Cel‑Fi QUATRA systems can be connected to a single small cell, or multiple small cells, to form a coordinated Supercell that extends coverage for venues up to 200,000 sq. ft. A Supercell with multiple Cel-Fi QUATRA coverage units (CUs) is more efficient than multiple small cells, and the CUs of a Cel-Fi QUATRA system connected to a Supercell do not interfere with one another.
Cel-Fi QUATRA partners with carrier-approved small cell(s) to deliver better RF distribution through CUs, utilizing the full capacity of the small cell(s), minimizing interference significantly, and requiring much less network management. This achieves the major goal of in-building network densification.
Off Air Configurations
Cel-Fi QUATRA is comprised of an NU and up to four distributed CUs dynamically networked into a single system. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be installed off-air to provide high-quality inbuilding wireless connectivity covering up to 50,000 sq. ft. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be installed off-air in a commercial environment to reduce dead zones and connectivity issues, expanding network footprint with significantly higher system gain.
Finally an Option for the Middleprise!
Optimized for Installers, Budgeted for Middleprise
Cel-Fi QUATRA is the first active DAS hybrid for spaces up to 200,000 sq. ft. Cel-Fi provides solutions built specifically for customers in offices or industrial locations. Cel-Fi QUATRA distributes coverage with RF-over-Ethernet (RFoE) and power with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), while finding the best signal with an 8-point antenna positioning solution; to ease installation at the distributed locations. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be deployed by Cel-Fi Certified professionals. Cel-Fi Certification is available at no cost through online training by Nextivity.
Cel-Fi QUATRA delivers a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over a Passive or Active DAS installation for a similar size venue. Cel-Fi Certified professionals can install and maintain the rich features of Cel-Fi QUATRA at the lowest CAPEX and OPEX of any in-building enterprise cellular coverage solution in the industry.
A Solution for the Carrier
Unconditionally Network Safe
Cel-Fi QUATRA is designed to improve indoor signal coverage without any risk of interference on the mobile network. Cel-Fi QUATRA provides a sophisticated network-safe solution that has been engineered to deliver multiple levels of network protection:
- Uplink power control to prevent desensitizing the network
- Echo cancellation and feedback control
- Uplink gating
- Signal qualification (channels are individually qualified, so noise or very poor signals won’t be amplified and degrade the network)
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform cloud-based portal enables an operator to monitor signal KPI’s, such as channel configurations, RSRP, RSCP, SINR, and systems gains, providing control and optimization guidelines.
Cel-Fi WAVE Portal
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform enables device management and maintenance of Cel-Fi QUATRA systems. The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform mobile app facilitates ease of use on site. Alerts and alarms can be used as configured out of the box or they can be customized however the owner or admin chooses.
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform is a cloud-based remote management platform that allows users/operators to manage multiple Cel-Fi QUATRA systems. Features of the platform include:
- Cel-Fi device and asset management
- Data modeling and reporting
- Mobile and computer applications
- Globally trusted carrier-grade security
- Users can access the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform portal through the dashboard interface, or integrate it via APIs.
Cel-Fi QUATRA Network Unit (NU)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Network Unit (NU) is the hub of the system. The scalable design works with one to four Coverage Units to provide up to 50,000 sq. ft. of coverage.
- Provides donor signal to the Cel-Fi QUATRA system
- Provides power to Coverage Units (up to four)
- Connects to the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform for remote monitoring and management
Cel-Fi QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU) is the remote unit of the system that rebroadcasts the donor signal. The cost efficient and easy-to-deploy system leverages Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) for up to four CUs.
- Provides coverage in the Cel-Fi QUATRA system (up to four per Network Unit)
- Power delivered by Power-Over-Ethernet from the Network Unit
- Self-configuring and self-optimizing
Cel-Fi QUATRA Small Cell Interface
A small cell may be used as the donor source for QUATRA. The Cel-Fi QUATRA Small Cell Interface (SCIF) simplifies RF connections between a small cell and NUs. It includes a main unit and all cables for a single NU.
- Simplifies connections to a small cell
- Provides proper signal attenuation and isolation
- Required for small cell Installation
Cel-Fi QUATRA Range Extender (QRE)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Range Extender is a Power over Ethernet (PoE) device that extends the maximum distance between the NU and the CU.
- Allows NU-to-CU cable lengths of up to 200 meters (650 ft.)
- Power over Ethernet (no separate power supply or PoE injector needed)
Cel-Fi MIMO Panel Antenna powerd by Antenna Boost
Cel-Fi AntennaBoost integrates the Cel-Fi MIMO Panel Antenna with the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform to provide the best donor signal in the industry. The antenna connects to any MIMO-enabled NU or CU with QMA (quick connect) cables. Nextivity’s proprietary 8-position dial base enables the antenna to be rotated in 45-degree increments for best performance, managed with real-time data from the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform Antenna Position Test. The Cel-Fi MIMO Panel Antenna is the only authorized indoor/outdoor antenna for Cel-Fi QUATRA.
- High gain directional MIMO panel antenna
- Donor managed with AntennaBoost’s 8-position aiming mount
- Includes options for ceiling, wall, and pole mounting
- Required for off-air installation of multiple CUs
Cel-Fi Antenna Mount
The Cel-Fi Mount is an indoor/outdoor mount designed to secure a donor signal antenna for Cel-Fi QUATRA and work with the Cel-Fi WAVE Antenna Positioning Application. Nextivity’s proprietary 8-position dial base enables the antenna to be rotated in 45-degree increments, with real time performance data.
- 26 cm powder-coated pole
- Stamped metal surface
- Supports pole/ceiling/wall application
- Supports 8-position with locking screw
- Flexible hole pattern for multiple mount types
Cel-Fi Pole Mount
The Cel-Fi Pole Mount is an outdoor mount designed to secure a cellular donor antenna for Cel-Fi QUATRA and work with the Cel-Fi WAVE Antenna Positioning Application.
Nextivity’s proprietary 7-position rotating base enables the antenna to be rotated in 45-degree increments, and locked into the optimal position.
- Galvanized stainless steel
- Outdoor ready
- Supports pole mounting
- Supports 7-position with locking screw
- Flexible hole pattern for multiple mount types
- Works with poles 2″ (or less) in diameter
All systems are reconfigured to specific carriers
Mounting system provided with multiple options for flexible placement.
Electrical & Environmental Requirements
-25 to 40 Degrees Celsius
264 x 185 x 62mm (40.8g)
225 x 185 x 37mm (29.2g)
Small Cell Interface (SCIF)
175mm (W) x 85mm (H) x 25mm (D) (196gm)
QUATRA Range Extender (QRE)
140mm (L) x 66mm (W) x 28mm (H) (0.7kg)
Wideband MIMO Antenna
237.5 x 229. x 50mm (0.7kg)
Small Cell Interface:
QUATRA Range Extender (QRE):
Wideband MIMO Antenna:
Cel-Fi Antenna Mount:
Cel-Fi Pole Mount: